23 February 2012

Baby breath.  I don't think I will ever smell anything more wonderful.  Elodie has the absolute best breath you will ever smell.  And I am sure if you breastfeed your baby, you know what I am talking about.  I have no idea if it's the same with a formula fed baby, but boy oh boy, does breastmilk smell heavinly coming out my little babe's mouth.
This morning, I wanted to wash a load of towels and so I went into the bathroom to put one of Elodie's towels into the washing machine.  My nose was overcome with the scent of something wonderful.  I squished the towel up against my nose and deeply breathed in the scent of Elodie.  I could smell her breath all over that towel.  I must have smelled it two or three times before running into the living room and asking a confused Robert to smell the towel.   I don't blame him for not wanting to smell it at first. It wasn't the first time I put something in front of Robert's nose and asked him to smell it. After he put it to his nose though, he too understood why I was so persistant that he smell it.  Birds chirped, babies laughed, a rainbow appeared in the sky and the two of us were able to experience heaven for a few moments.

4 comments:

  1. It's so true! Even Jordan will rave about the wonderous, hypnotic scent of a breastfed baby's breath. It's like the signature scent of a wee one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude, YES. I so get this. The milk smell. Same thing with the top of my baby's head/hair. Intoxicating!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I too agree! I love the picture...the way she is looking at you is sweet. I can almost hear her say GOOO! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, that last paragraph is hilarious. I unfortunately have no idea what this smell is you refer to. I wonder if it also has something to do with it being your own child (s breath?). Probably has at least a little bit to do with it. But I'm sure Elodie DOES have nice breath :) Such a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ever so much for reading and taking the time to comment !!!